Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Prince of Nalban



Went to Nalban on Saturday, March 14, 2009 to look at the birds where I saw this tranquil sight of a boatman at his job. This landscape might well disappear in the near future, despite all the legal protection that East Calcutta Wetlands enjoy.



The Prince of Nalban was a little shy. His mother was preparing cow dung presumably for making cakes to be used as fuel. I couldn't find enough courage to ask him to look at me for the photograph. Even at this age, he knows precisely how to hold a live hen.


View of Salt Lake's Sector V (Electronics City) from across the Nalban waterbody.
I have nothing against progress but I would prefer a more equitable distribution of the spoils of growth.

Nalban was full of this "weed" in March.

No comments: