Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Maa, Mati, Manush

Last Saturday I had gone to Welington Square to enquire about a part for my Bullet. I was coming back down Dharmatolla Street (I think its current official name is Lenin Sarani) to take the metro from Chandni when something caught my eye. A street side vendor selling old Gramophone records. The LP record which caught my fancy was of SD Barman. Dur Kon Porobashe. It had a lovely black and white photograph of SD on the cover. I asked the price and he said Rs 80. I had made up my mind to buy it. The seller showed me another LP of SD which I also decided to buy.
After this I squatted down to flip through his collection when this blue LP caught my attention. Maa, Mati, Manush. A double LP album. There was no further questioning. I bought the album. It cost me a total of Rs 250.


The Album Cover

No comments: