Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Comedy of Errors

This morning I started the bike for going to the Lake. By the time I came to the left hand side of the bike, it stalled. I had to start again. Later in the day at around lunch time I went to Khalil-da to take him to Minku's for my tyre change. Khalilda couldn't go as he had a couple of customers. I went alone to Minku. But the bike gave problem while starting. It started all right but stalled again. I had to restart the bike.



Next stop was Minku's where I couldn't find the MRF. I went to Ghai Motors to buy my spare clutch and accelerator wires. Starting there became a problem once again. But it finally started. However, ultimately it stalled near India Trading on Lee  Road. And now it would just not start. I had to walk the bike upto the office. Sweating profusely.

In the evening the bike started once again inside the garage. By the time I reached the road it stalled again and wouldn't start. I quietly walked it back to the office and went home by Metro. Met Monisha near the auto stand. Gave her my bag and went straight to Dilip who, luckily enough, was there.

Dilip sounded a bit puzzled as to why such a thing happened. He took a new spark plug and came out with his bike. The two of us went to office. The first thing Dilip did was to check the fuel. He pulled the pipe out and turned the knob to ON position. There was no oil !!!

I felt like a complete idiot. He turned the knob to RESERVE and the bike started. Half kick in fact. I have never felt like such a big idiot in life. I have ridden a total of close to a lakh kilometer on two wheelers at least. I have never been fooled thus. Filled in 12 litres of petrol right away and went home dig dig dig dig.

No comments: