Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Mr Mochi Revives My HD Boots



Last time when we went Bulleting to Shantiniketan (read the story here) I had worn my ten-year old Harley Davidsons. It was a very dear purchase for me when I went to the US in 2002. However, not having worn it for a long time the sole had got a little dry and when I reached Shantiniketan I realised that the pasting of the sole had just gone off. 

Thankfully this happened only on the right foot. Went looking for a cobbler. He put a few nails, saying his gum won't work with such heavy boots. He tried to stitch it up too but thankfully his needle couldn't make any impression on those American boots (made in China though). 

I was sad that a legend that I bought for more than $100 would perhaps have to be thrown away. 



But then someone told me about Mr Mochi. They are a shoe repairing shop on Darga Road. They pasted the soles for Rs 150 and the boots are wearable again. Bingo. I think Mr Mochi is going to get a lot of business from me. This is perhaps the first organised sector cobbler shop in Calcutta. 

No comments: